• As the atmospheric temperature rise ocean surfaces temperatures will also rise
• A slight rise in ocean temperature coupled with acidification from CO2 uptake will cause entire coastal ecosystems to change and possibly collapse
• Large migration of species will occur
• Many species unable to migrate to warmer areas fast enough will become extinct
• In 2008 massive blooming of jellyfish where recorded across the world. In some parts the blooming was found tobe due to warmer surface temperatures as a result of global warming.
• Such events will become more frequent and will have serious consequences on marine ecosystems such as a decline in fish populations
Source of Information : Climate Change: A Silent Threat by Sylvain Richer de Forges